The following programs operate through the center:
New Faculty Orientation on Pedagogy
- A week-long CITLS program on teaching resources and pedagogy as a part of the provost’s New Faculty Orientation Program
- Regular topical conversations throughout the year on pedagogical issues, especially for new faculty
Teaching Conversations (for all Faculty)
Specific series of themed programs where faculty lead the discussion on topics such as how to use effective classroom management techniques in their courses, effective use of classroom technology, or what psychological or neuroscience research says about how students learn.
Each semester, a series of programs on how faculty use various forms of instructional technology is developed by Instructional Technology Services and is jointly sponsored by CITLS. The series, called Teach and Tech, is listed in the CITLS calendar.
Occasional sessions throughout the term on specific topics as requested by the faculty. See the CITLS calendar.
Learning Communities (specific pedagogical topics)
- Problem-based learning
- Study abroad
- Problem-based Learning. Three days. June 2009 and 2010. Delivered by faculty from the University of Delaware’s Institute for Transforming Undergraduate Education.
- A program on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. To be delivered September 2011. Presenter: Mary Taylor Huber, The Carnegie Foundation for Teaching and Learning, Stanford, Calif.
Individual Consultations on Teaching and Pedagogy
Available with the director of CITLS, or with other faculty or staff, as requested by faculty members.
Classroom Visitation Program
Initiated with the spring 2011 term.
Future Programs and Opportunities
The following are projects or programs CITLS will pursue when time and resources permit:
- Advising as Teaching: support for a revitalized first- and second-year student advising program being developed by the dean of the College
- Faculty Mentoring: participate in a comprehensive faculty mentoring program being developed by the provost
- Direct financial support for faculty research in the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Sponsorship of campus and regional symposia on issues of pedagogy
- CITLS Faculty Fellow Program
CITLS Calendar of Events
- No events are scheduled.
The Center for the Integration of Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship
101 Scott Hall
714 Sullivan Road
FAX: (610) 330-5711