Here at CITLS, we’re proud of our Senior Student Fellows and honored to have been a part of their journeys.

Hamna YounasHamna

Major: International Affairs & Women’s Gender and Sexuality Studies

Minor: Religious Studies

Hamna joined CITLS as a Student Fellow in the Fall of 2020 and has since worked with faculty across multiple departments and disciplines to increase inclusive teaching efforts within our Inclusive Instructors Academy.  Hamna’s goals to enter into Higher Education lend a unique perspective to the initiative and we are especially appreciative of her commitment to equity and inclusion in the classroom and beyond.  Prior to donning the cap and gown, we asked her to share about her experience with CITLS and feelings about life post-graduation.

What are your plans for after graduation?

“After Graduation I plan on pursuing a Master’s in Higher Education Administration and Student Affairs at New York university.”    

What will you miss most about Lafayette? 

“I will miss the community aspect about Lafayette the most.  It’s amazing being able to spend all day with your friends, whether you’re hanging out on the quad, grabbing dinner, studying in the library, or even making a Wawa run.  I gained a new experience every single day and met some of the most amazing people I know.”  

What has being a part of CITLS and the Inclusive Instructors Academy meant to you? 

“Being a part of CITLS has allowed me to benefit from the faculty perspective and understand what goes on behind the doors for professors.  It has given me the opportunity to utilize my student perspective to work closely with professors to try to make academics at Lafayette inclusive and stronger.

Chidi NwankpaChidi 

Major: English

Minor: Government & Law

Chidi joined CITLS as a Student Fellow in the Summer of 2021 and has played a major role in making our Inclusive Instructors Academy a success.  As a member of the Greek Community and former student-athlete who is highly active on campus, we are appreciative of the giving of his time, energy, and knowledge to the Inclusive Instructors Academy.  As he prepares for this next phase, we asked him to take a moment to reflect on his time with CITLS and his love for Lafayette. 

“Attending graduate school at American University”

“Being able to see all of my closest friends at a moment’s notice.” 

“Being a part of CITLS and the Inclusive Instructors Academy has granted me the opportunity to reconnect with various members of the Lafayette community that I might not have had the ability to if otherwise.  As well, my eyes have been opened to different academic and athletic disciplines, as well as different teaching styles and techniques.”  

Monica

Major: International Affairs; Anthropology & Sociology

Minor: Women & Gender Studies

Monica joined CITLS as a Student Fellow and has since been instrumental in the success of our Inclusive Instructors Academy and Student Pedagogical Partnership initiative.  We are grateful for her perspective, hard work, and dedication to the Inclusive Instructors Academy and its mission to increase inclusive teaching and advance instructional excellence.